Sunday, November 2, 2014

ETP Test #1

                     Jozui has a great point. They are going against the way most advertizing is being done. Ads using celebrities / well know people "using" their products and saying positive things about the product and saying positive things about the product or whatever it is just so the business can gain more. Basically using a celebrity to advertise the product and make us, the audience want to have the product as well, JUST because they think "Well if Megan Fox says this product is great then I need to get it too." Jozui says "This kind of marketing is misleading and unsults the intelligence of the audience. "They are totally right about that. I agree with her argument.


               An example of how the marketing is "misleading" is one from my personal experience, well maybe not mine but it happened to someone that I know. Covergirl, a make up line that is well know. Most of us know that Ellen DeGeneres advertises that line and claims to say it works well for her skin and etc. Someone I know began using some of Covergirl's products and there was this one cream for your acne. it's suppose to "stop and clean" your acne from your face. But yet, on a friend of mine the cream left her face all scarred. People mislead into thinking a product is great just because a celebrity uses it and advertises it saying positive lines. That's just wrong. You can never really trust most things that are being advertised for the public.


               Now let's focus on how some advertising "insults the intelligence of the audience" It obviously insults the intelligence of the public / audience because the way advertisers think. They think "Oh if we use *insert name of celebrity* the audience will be certainly brainwashed thinking they need the product just because *name of celebrity* "owns" it and has positive FAKE feedback about it." The audience will always go with the flow and look up to whomever and will always want to be "in style" or whatever JUST because a celebrity / well known person is the one advertising it. Even I too, sometimes think I need something just because a celebrity has it. But I really don't need it I just want it so I can say "Oh look I have what *insert name of celebrity* owns too!" And I feel that, that's how everyone else feels, most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment